The Los Angeles County Fair is in full swing. Here is a list of of programs and deals for Saturday, Sept. 8. More information can be found fair’s website. www.lacountyfair.com.
Today’s hours: 10 a.m. – midnight
- USC Day: Students, faculty and staff receive one free admission. Alumni will receive half-price admission. Coupon or voucher required for all college day discounts. Participants are encouraged to wear school colors.
- Presbyterian InterCommunity Hospital Bloodmobile will be at the Fair. On-site blood drive donors receive a ticket for one free return admission to the Fair.
- Weekend for Heroes: Active and retired military, reserves, police, fire and paramedics, with ID, along with one guest, can attend the Fair for $1 each; proceeds from the $1 admissions will be donated to the Los Angeles Fire Department Foundation.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
Styx - Rock band Styx perform as part of the End of Summer Concert Series, presented by Toyota. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
Homemade Beer - Learn the tricks of home-brewing at the homebrew demonstration. At the Village on Broadway. 10 a.m.
America the Beautiful Parade - Join us with a grand parade featuring elements from the Fair neighborhoods, community organizations, entertainment, classic cars, floats, local talent and much more! 1:00 p.m.
Tablescaping - Discover how to make your dinner table look fabulous with Tablescaping with Pottery Barn. Noon to 1 p.m. and 2 to 3 p.m. Located in the Village on Broadway.
Wild Child - Wild Child faithfully recreates a live Doors concert as they were back in the late 1960s. At the Coca Cola Stage. 7, 8:30, 10 and 11:30 p.m.
KaraokeFest 2012 - Sing at one of the karaoke stations throughout the grounds and cheer on your favorite karaoke contestant in the competitions at the Plaza de las Américas Stage. Crème de la Kids competition: noon; Crème de la King (Elvis) competition: 3 p.m.; Crème de la Crème competition: 6-11 p.m.
Big Baking and Recipe Competition - Find out which brownies, cookies, cakes and other confections are the perfect combination of taste, originality and visual delight. The judging begins at 7 p.m. at the Village on Broadway.
Captain America - The first Avenger visits the America’s Kids: A Living Library of Fun attraction for meet and greets. 12:30, 2:30 and 4:30 p.m.
London 2012 – Open daily. The spectacular Flower and Garden Pavilion takes Fair guests to London and the famous Chelsea Flower Show. Enjoy features like the West End exhibit and the London Bakery.
Aerial Arts Circus Show - Open daily. Aerial acrobats from Hollywood Aerial Arts demonstrate their amazing mid-air tricks. Guests can learn the skill firsthand for a nominal fee. Visit our website for more information. Show times: 2, 4, 6, 8:30 and 10:30 p.m.
Baking workshop - Culinary Styles hosts a cakepop workshop at 5:30 p.m. in the Village on Broadway. Come a little earlier, at 4 p.m., and watch the judging of the Cupcake and Cakepop contest. The Big Baking contest is judged at 7 p.m.
Barnyard Racers Pig Racing – Open daily. See the fastest pigs in North America as they race snout to snout down the ham stretch to reach their ultimate goal – an Oreo cookie. FairView Farms.