Today is Diamond Bar day at the Los Angeles County Fair at Fairplex in Pomona. The city's community heroes will be honored, and there will be a parade to celebrate them.
More information can be found at www.lacountyfair.com.
Today’s hours: Noon – 11 p.m.
- Thoughtful Thursdays Book Drive: One free admission noon-6 p.m. with a donation of one new or gently used book.
- Thirsty Thursdays: Guests can enjoy half-price fountain beverages and bottled water all day.
- Huntington Hospital Bloodmobile will be at the Fair. On-site blood drive donors receive a ticket for one free return admission to the Fair.
- $5 after 5: Fair admission is only $5 after 5 p.m. with coupon. Visit website for more information.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
Monster Truck Madness: Join in the fun when the monster trucks tear it up in the Fairplex Park Grandstand. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
Rock of Ages: Daily. This custom designed exhibit will dazzle each attendee through an interactive adventure into one of America’s greatest institutions. Embrace your inner rock star and join us in this unique, once in a lifetime experience. Check your Daily Fun Guide for details.
Street Beat: Featuring a pinnacle of modern street choreography, Street Beat is a kinetic, maximum energy explosion of urban rhythm and dance, utilizing junk and found objects for percussion. Experience the show at the Coca-Cola Stage. 7, 8, 9:30 and 10:30 p.m.
Stingray Island: Daily. The Fair brings the beauty of sea life to the mainland in the form of its new attraction, Stingray Island. Meet Ollie the octopus and Millie & Max the Morey eels. See lobsters and shrimp schools. Feed stingrays (additional fee). Divers are on-site daily.
Carnival: Daily. Ray Cammack Shows returns for its 28th year with the best carnival around.
Diamond Bar & West Covina Day: Celebrate the cities and their Community Heroes during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 5:30 p.m. at Esmeralda’s Big Top Theatre. Residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com. Diamond Bar’s Community Heroes are Richard Malooly, Josh Chen and Orien J. Pagan. West Covina’s Community Hero is Jerry Curcio.
Chef Henry Gonzalez: Chef Henry of Spaggi’s restaurant gives a cooking class at the Wine & Spirits Marketplace. 1 p.m.
Wine Class: Restaurateur Chuck Keagle and winemaker Steve Pepe discuss the Expressions of Pinot Noir at the Wine & Spirits Marketplace. 7 p.m. (nominal fee for class)
Mariachi Alta California: Celebrate the music of Mexico at the Plaza de las Américas Stage. 6:30, 7:30, 9 and 10 p.m.