Happy Friday everyone. Here’s a list of programs and deals at the Los Angeles County Fair for Friday. More information can be found at the fair’s website.
Today’s hours: Noon – Midnight
- The Red Cross Bloodmobile will be at the Fair. On-site blood drive donors receive a ticket for one free return admission to the Fair.
- 5 after 5: Fair admission is only $5 after 5 p.m. with coupon. Visit website for more information.
- Food Drive Fridays: Guests receive free Fair admission in exchange for five canned products on Fridays. Free admission good that day only, noon- 6 p.m. The canned products will be donated to Los Angeles Regional Food Bank with a portion going to the honored community of the day for distribution to their charity.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day
Today’s Top Things To Do:
WAR - Join California funk band WAR at the End of Summer Concert Series, presented by Toyota. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
Chino Hills Day - Celebrate the city and its Community Heroes of Chino Hills during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 5:30 p.m. The ceremony is held at Esmeralda’s Big Top Theatre. Chino Hills' Community Heroes are Matthew Greathouse and Gary and Debbie Cross.
The Atomic Punks - This Van Halen cover band will be playing on the Coca Cola Stage at 7:00, 8:30, 10:00 and 11:30 p.m. Schedule subject to change.
Art & Fair - A 90 Year Celebration: Daily. The Millard Sheets Center for the Arts presents “Art & Fair: A 90 Year Celebration,” a timeline of exhibits that give life to the artistic and historical marvels of the Fair’s rich history.
London 2012 - Stop by the Flower & Garden Pavilion and see the 2012 Olympic Games host city right here at the Fair.
Super Inflated - Daily Wed-Fri. Watch balloon twisters create magnificent displays of art from hats to sculpture designs. Located in Esmeralda’s Traveling Circus. 6-10 p.m.
African Beat - Daily. The steel drum sounds of African Beat will transport you to an African safari with the upbeat rhythm of Calypso and Reggae music. Located in Mojo’s African Jungle. Consult your Daily Fun Guide for show times.
Wine Classes - Taste the wines of Argentina and Chile with wine expert Matthew Kot, 6 p.m. Wine & Spirits Marketplace.
Sand Bar Beach – Open daily. Walk across the boardwalk that leads guests to salt water aquariums filled with various sizes and shapes of exotic fish. At Stingray Island.