Glendora High School’s girls’ varsity swim team claimed the 2011 CIF Southern Section Division 2 Championship Saturday at Belmont Plaza Pool in Long Beach, scoring the most points in the 50-team field.
The team was led by senior and future Texas Longhorn Gretchen Jaques who took two individual victories in the 200 Yard Individual Medley and the 100 Yard Breastroke. Jaques currently holds individual CIF records in the 200 Yard IM, 50 Yard Freestyle and the 100 Yard Breastroke.
The 200 Yard Medley Relay team of Gretchen Jaques, senior Courtney McCadden, senior Kelly Corso and junior Rosemary Garcia won the event and set a new CIF record time with 1:46.69.
Glendora also took the 200 Yard Freestyle Relay with a time 1:38.64 and the 400 Yard Freestyle Relay with a time of 3:32.50.
For a complete list of results, click here.
The following are results for Glendora swimmers during Saturday’s CIF Division 2 Final:
Event 1 Girls 200 Yard Medley Relay Varsity
1) Glendora Finals Time: 1:46.69 (New CIF record)
Gretchen Jaques SR, Courtney McCadden SR, Kelly Corso SR, Rosemary Garcia JR
Event 5 Girls 200 Yard IM Varsity
1) Gretchen Jaques Glendora SR Finals Time: 1:59.19
Event 7 Girls 50 Yard Freestyle Varsity
4) Ellie Jaques Glendora SO Finals Time: 24.24
Event 13 Girls 100 Yard Freestyle Varsity
7) Ellie Jaques Glendora SO Finals Time: 52.96
Event 17 Girls 200 Yard Freestyle Relay Varsity
1) Glendora Finals Time: 1:38.64
Rosemary Garcia JR, Kelly Corso SR, Nicole Gautreau SO, Ellie Jaques SO
Event 19 Girls 100 Yard Backstroke Varsity
6) Sammie Keehn St. Lucy's SO Finals Time: 59.48
Event 21 Girls 100 Yard Breaststroke Varsity
1) Gretchen Jaques Glendora SR Finals Time: 1:01.01
6) Courtney McCadden Glendora SR Finals Time: 1:07.62
Event 23 Girls 400 Yard Freestyle Relay Varsity
1) Glendora Finals Time: 3:32.50
Gretchen Jaques SR, Courtney McCadden SR, Ellie Jaques SO, Rosemary Garcia JR