From the Glendora Police Department:
This year, Halloween is Wednesday, October 31. To make sure residents and their children have a safe and enjoyable Halloween, Glendora Police is reminding them to remember to stay vigilant for potential hazards.
Some Trick or Treating tips to remember this Halloween:
- Carry a flashlight
- Stay on sidewalks when possible
- Obey traffic signals
- Stay in familiar neighborhoods
- Don't cut across yards or driveways
- Make sure costumes don't drag on the ground
- Wear shoes, even if they don't go with your costume!
- Avoid wearing masks that obscure your vision
- Wear clothing with reflective markings or tape
- Inspect the treats before eating anything
For motorists driving on Halloween:
- Drive slowly and cautiously.
- Look for children walking on the street, running, and darting in between parked vehicles.
- Be extra careful when entering and exiting driveways.
- Do not use your cell phone while driving
- Play your music at a reasonable volume so you can listen for potential children crossing your path.
- Never drink and drive.
As in the past 7 years, the Glendora Police Department volunteers will once again be patrolling the streets of Glendora handing out glow in the dark necklaces for kids to wear so that they can be better seen while trick or treating.