Caltrans plans several closures over the next few weeks. Portions of the 60 Freeway between the 57 Freeway and Highway 71will be closed while pavement work is done.
The following is a list of closures. The schedule is subject to change.
Sept. 4 - 7
Eastbound 60 Freeway
- 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. - Up to three lanes from the 57 to the 71 CLOSED
- 1 to 4 a.m. - 60 eastbound between the 57 southbound and Grand Avenue
- 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. –Carpool or HOV Lane from 60 eastbound between 57 southbound and Diamond Bar Boulevard
- 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. - Connector to 57 north from eastbound 60
- 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. - Connector to 60 eastbound from 57 north
- 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. - On- and Off-Ramp at Grand Avenue
- 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. - Off-Ramp at Diamond Bar Boulevard
Detours will be posted, officials said. Chumo Construction of Baldwin Park, California was awarded the $32 million project that is expected to complete winter of 2012.
Portions of 60 Freeway from the San Gabriel River Freeway or Interstate 605 to the 57 Freeway separation, as part of a pavement rehabilitation project, Caltrans officials said.
Closures are subject to change.
The Eastbound 60
- 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. – Up to three lanes between I-605 and Azusa Avenue
- 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. –HOV or carpool lane CLOSED between I-605 and Azusa Avenue
- Westbound SR-60
- 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. – Up to three lanes between southbound 57 and Azusa Avenue
- 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. – HOV lane CLOSED between southbound 57 and Azusa Avenue
- Sept. 7-9
- Eastbound SR-60
- 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. – Up to three lanes between I-605 and Azusa Avenue
- 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. – Seventh Avenue on-ramp CLOSED
- 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. – HOV lane CLOSED between Seventh Avenue and Hacienda Boulevard
- 11 p.m. to 11 a.m. – Connector from north and southbound I-605 to eastbound SR-60 CLOSED
- 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. – Up to three lanes between southbound 57 and Azusa Avenue
- 10 p.m. to 11 a.m. – Fairway Drive and Old Brea Canyon Road on-ramps CLOSED
- 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. – HOV lane CLOSED between southbound 57 and Nogales Street
- 11 p.m. to 10 a.m. – Connector from north- and southbound 57 to westbound SR-60 CLOSED
Detours will be posted. Officials said the new pavement will improve mobility and enhance safety for motorists. Flatiron West Inc. was awarded the $121.5 million project which is expected to complete fall 2014.