1) All government offices (federal, state, county and city offices) will be closed today. Main branch bank offices will be closed, but some in-store branches may be open. Schools and post offices will be closed. Metrolink will run on limited schedule.
2) The Village Business Improvement District (BID) and the City of Glendora will host the second annual in the downtown village shopping district. Activities will begin at 6:30 a.m. and include; a pancake breakfast ($5), a parade, a business and community expo, concerts, and much more.
3) The Church of the Brethren (located on the corner of Glendora and Caroll avenues) will be hosting a family fun barbecue beginning at 11 a.m. The barbecue is $5 per person and includes hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, chili dogs, watermelon and chips. Shaved ice and popcorn will also be available to purchase.
4) Fireworks are legal in nearby Azusa. The city of Azusa would like to remind you that only "safe and sane" fireworks will be allowed and that the discharge of fireworks is NOT legal above Sierra Madre and in the Rosedale community.
5) The following nearby cities will be having fireworks shows; and . For admission prices and times please click on the links.